Which type of membership is right for you?
CAWG is the only statewide organization that focuses exclusively on winegrape grower issues. From advocacy and communications to networking and real dollar savings, CAWG allows members to focus on what they do best -- Manage their vineyards and winegrape business.
The value of CAWG membership is delivered and measured through:
Advocacy – Protecting and Promoting Your Interests
CAWG is the only statewide organization dedicated exclusively to advocating for California’s winegrape growers before the state legislature, Congress, and regulators. CAWG’s advocacy strength is delivered through:
- An experienced full-time director of state government affairs in Sacramento.
- The Gualco Groupa skilled lobbying and consulting firm providing policymaking and regulatory support.
- Cornerstone Government Affairsservice federal lobbying team in Washington, DC.
- A grassroots advocacy system that connects CAWG members to decision-makers on key issues.
- A political action committee, CAWG PAC, that supports political candidates who understand and care about winegrape grower issues and problems.
Communications and Information
CAWG members receive the latest information on emerging industry and policy issues in order to make the best business decisions. Members receive:
- The Crush - a printed and mailed monthly newsletter featuring timely lead stories and the latest state, federal and industry news.
- CAWG eNews a weekly email newsletter with current policy information, wine industry news, relevant food and agriculture news, and upcoming meetings and events.
Real Dollar Savings
CAWG membership offers real savings on important trade meetings and valuable services critical to our industry.
- Members can save up to $200 on Unified Wine & Grape Symposium registration. Unified, which attracts more than 13,000 people from around the world, offers a complete networking and learning experience.
- Members benefit from exclusive group discounts on CAWG endorsed workers’ compensation and commercial property/liability programs tailored for the wine industry. Members are encouraged to consider Pan American for the CAWG Endorsed Federal Crop Insurance program.
- Members receive exclusive discounts on advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Members save up to 15 percent on annual subscriptions to the Gomberg-Fredrickson Report.
CAWG keeps members informed and connected to other winegrape growers, service providers and suppliers through:
- CAWG's membership directory – a valuable resource of grower and associate member information updated annually.
- Town Hall meetings and District Dinners held throughout the state allow members to connect with CAWG staff and industry leaders.
- Online Webinars help CAWG members stay current on a variety of new issues without ever leaving their vineyards.
- Grower Education Programs – invitations to workshops and educational sessions on a wide range of grower programs including labor and vineyard management, legislative updates, and current market trends.
- CAWG’s preferred insurance provider– Pan American Insurance Agency compensation insurance.
Working for You...NOW
In Sacramento, CAWG is the winegrape grower voice on state legislation and key from labor reform and the threat of union organizing to water quality and environmental safeguards. At the federal level, CAWG members are represented and protected by Cornerstone Government Affairss voice on federal issues, including labor and immigration, plant pest and disease funding, water rights, and specialty crop issues.